Super-Fun Saturday at LAist
Looking to kick off your Saturday with something that will grow your kiddos’ brains and get the creative juices flowing? Join us at LAist for a morning of multilingual reading and kid fun. Create art with Southern California Children’s Museum and Self-Help Graphics, pick up a book at a pop-up bookstore by MiJa Books, and participate in interactive readings from local authors. And, of course, there will be coffee flowing for the grownups.
We’ll also be giving away some superhero baby carriers, an umbrella stroller, and some LAist kid goodies.
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Art time, pop-up bookshop, coffee bar, and more
- Storytime with local authors:
- 9:30 a.m. - Reading of It’s In You by Sharifa Anozie (English)
- 10:00 a.m. - Reading and performance of Courageous Camila by Naibe Reynoso, with martial
arts activity (English/Spanish)
- 10:30 a.m. - Reading of Baby Tea Time by Judy Li (English/Mandarin)
- 11:30 a.m. — End (Nap time!)
Bring the whole fam — all ages are welcome! Readings will be geared toward kids ages five and younger. It’s going to knock your socks off! See you there!
Who will be there:
- Art activities from Southern California Children’s Museum
- Screen-printing from Self Help Graphics & Art
- Readings from local authors Naibe Reynoso (English and Spanish), Sharifa Anozie (English), and Judy Li (English and Mandarin). All readings will be ASL interpreted.
- A problem solving demonstration by Thinking Mats— sibling scuffles welcome.
- Resources for families from local organizations, like Options for Learning— including tips on finding childcare— and LAist’s Early Childhood team.
- And more!
Engagement partners for this event include: Lakeshore Learning Materials - Pasadena
LAist is committed to providing access and accommodation for individuals with disabilities at our events. To request accommodations, please email email@example.com or call us at (626) 585-5222 at least 7 days in advance of the event.