Lively and in-depth discussions of city news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts, and more.Today on AirTalk, Larry’s back and he opens the show with a COVID-19 AMA. Also on the program, a California drought update; Latinos in Government; California flood risks; and more.
- COVID-19 AMA: Larry Vs. COVID, Case Numbers Level Out In LA County And More
- Drought Update: State Releases New Water-Supply Strategy While Colorado River Cuts Are Still Needed
- New UCLA Study Notes California’s Increased Risk Of Severe Floods Due To Climate Change
- New Study Shows Latino Representation In Newsom’s Administration Is Lacking
- Aunts And Uncles Play Pivotal Roles In Families. How Do You Create That Special Bond?
Reviews of the week's new movies, interviews with filmmakers, and discussion.Guest Host John Horn and KPCC film critics Tim Cogshell, Wade Major, and Charles Solomon review this weekend’s new movie releases on streaming and on demand platforms.
- FilmWeek: ‘Emily The Criminal,’ ‘Day Shift,’ ‘Inu-Oh’ And More
- John Horn’s Interview With Aubrey Plaza From 'Emily the Criminal’
- John Horn’s Interview With Jordan Peele, Director Of 'NOPE'
A three-minute rundown of the best (and worst) of this week’s film releases, including the go-to movie for the weekend.Guest Host John Horn and KPCC film critics Tim Cogshell, Wade Major, and Charles Solomon review this weekend’s new movie releases on streaming and on demand platforms.
Support Independent Trustworthy Journalism
You power KPCC and NPR when you become a member today.
Over the last year, we have been reporting on an alarming increase in violence against Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. The last week has been particularly traumatizing.
As an organization we condemn systemic racism — and racism of any kind — and remain committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve. With that in mind, we say the statement “Black Lives Matter” reinforces our commitment.
Sign up for the KPCC Insider
Inside information about your favorite programs, community event highlights, and exclusive benefits for KPCC listeners.
UP IS DOWN. Day is night. High is low. Left is mustard. This is the world right now. Angelenos are facing a protracted pandemic, a reckoning over racial inequity, and a smog of mixed signals about how to exist safely. These guides were created to help you navigate the day-to-day in L.A. as it changes (sometimes literally) minute-by-minute.
It’s easy, and you could get a nice tax deduction.
Latest headlines from our partner site, LAist.com
Latest KPCC Newscast from August 15 at 6:04pm
Updated 8/15 at 6:06 PM
Programs and Podcasts
Latest from NPR
Here are the key primary election results from Wyoming
The U.K. approved omicron-specific booster shots. They're coming to the U.S. soon
Focusing on diversity and inclusion, gravel bike racing welcomes all to this sport
Liz Cheney is facing a likely primary defeat in Wyoming. Here's why
Sarah Palin faces Alaska voters again in a special election for Congress