You Make Public Radio Strong on KPCC
Support trustworthy news from KPCC, LAist and NPR by becoming a sustaining member today.
Most important thing for you to know: All of your favorite shows from KPCC and NPR aren’t going anywhere.
Lively and in-depth discussions of city news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts, and more.Today on AirTalk, the battle for California’s Senate seat– who has entered the race so far? Also on the show, Los Angeles Public Library celebrates 150 years; TV-Talk; and more.
- Ahead of 2024 Senate Race, Californians Care Most About Homelessness, Economic Conditions
- The Los Angeles Public Library Is Celebrating Its 150th Anniversary! We Discuss Its Impact & History
- House Republicans Are Taking A Closer Look At California’s Unemployment Fraud Situation. What’s The Latest?
- What’s The State Of Geoengineering And How Widely Can It Be Used?
- TV-Talk: ‘Freeridge,’ ‘Cunk On Earth,’ ‘Against The Ropes,’ And More
Reviews of the week's new movies, interviews with filmmakers, and discussion.Larry Mantle and KPCC film critics Wade Major and Tim Cogshell review this weekend’s new movie releases in theaters, streaming, and on demand platforms.
- FilmWeek: ‘Close,’ ‘You People,’ ‘Shotgun Wedding,’ ‘Infinity Pool’ And More
- Larry Mantle Talks To KPCC’s John Horn About Sundance
A three-minute rundown of the best (and worst) of this week’s film releases, including the go-to movie for the weekend.Larry Mantle and KPCC film critics Wade Major and Tim Cogshell review this weekend’s new movie releases in theaters, streaming and on demand platforms — in three minutes or less!
Over the last year, we have been reporting on an alarming increase in violence against Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. The last week has been particularly traumatizing.
As an organization we condemn systemic racism — and racism of any kind — and remain committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve. With that in mind, we say the statement “Black Lives Matter” reinforces our commitment.
Sign up for the KPCC Insider
Inside information about your favorite programs, community event highlights, and exclusive benefits for KPCC listeners.
It’s easy, and you could get a nice tax deduction.
Latest headlines from our partner site, LAist.com
Latest LAist 89.3 Newscast from February 2 at 4:32pm
Updated 2/2 at 4:35 PM
Programs and Podcasts
Latest from NPR
Texas ice storm leaves hundreds of thousands without power
Pentagon says a suspected Chinese spy balloon has been spotted over the Western U.S.
'Who the hell would want this job?' Not NCAA president Mark Emmert, apparently
Amazon reports its first unprofitable year since 2014
Tate Modern's terrace is a nuisance for wealthy neighbors, top U.K. court rules