Summit Of The Arts In Orange County - An AirTalk Live Event
For 60 years, the Orange County Museum of Art has occupied space in Newport Beach’s Fashion Island. But in 2018, the tarp was pulled off plans for a brand new, 52,000 square foot museum space at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts. Since then, the Newport Beach space has been sold and OCMA has called a temporary space at South Coast Village its home, with a year-and-a-half closure during the pandemic, but this October the new space is finally opening its doors to showcase the best contemporary art from OC and around the world. And while the design was not intended to be as such, museum leaders say they’re hopeful the new space will be a welcome place for crowds in a post-COVID world with its indoor-outdoor design, which features thousands of square feet of open space, retractable walls and an outdoor event area for up to 1,000 people.
Join AirTalk host Larry Mantle (he/him) and a lineup of special guests live on Wednesday, October 26th at 6:00 p.m. as we celebrate Orange County’s vibrant arts scene and the convergence of the different cultures that influence it, from fine art to film to music and live theater and beyond.
- Logan Crow, Executive Director, The Frida Cinema
- Courtenay Finn, Chief Curator, Orange County Museum of Art
- Sara Guerrero, Founding Artistic Director, Breath of Fire Latina Theater
- Bil Schroeder, Marketing and Communications Director, South Coast Repertory
- Julie Perlin Lee, Executive Director, Laguna Arts Museum
- Tiffany Lopez, Dean, University of California, Irvine Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- Thom Mayne, Founding Partner, Morphosis
- Thuy VoDang, former Curator of University of California, Irvine Southeast Asian Archive, Board Member of the Vietnamese American Letters of Association, faculty at UCLA Department of Information Studies
KPCC and LAist are committed to providing access and accommodation for individuals with disabilities at our events. To request accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (626) 585-5222 at least 7 days in advance of the event.