Your Legacy to Public Radio
Southern California Public Radio (KPCC, LAist, LAist Studios) is an essential public news service, enriching minds and enhancing the lives of Southern Californians. A legacy gift to SCPR can help you match your personal financial goals with your desire to support public service journalism.
For more information contact the Development Office at (626) 583-5303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common ways to make a planned gift to Southern California Public Radio:
A simple and meaningful way to support SCPR’s service is to list the station as a beneficiary of your will, trust, retirement plan, or life insurance policy. SCPR’s Federal Tax ID number is 95-4765734.
Sample bequest language for an unrestricted will or trust gift:
- I give and bequeath to Southern California Public Radio, tax ID # 95-4765734, located at 474 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105, [the sum of $, %, remainder or description of property] to be used for its general tax-exempt purposes, without other restriction as to use.
Gifts that pay you income
SCPR offers charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts through local and national community foundations. These planned gifts may provide you with tax benefits, current income for you or your family, and estate planning advantages.
IRA Charitable Distribution
If you are 70 ½ or older, you may give up to $100,000 a year directly from your IRA to qualified charities without paying income taxes on the qualified charitable distribution (QCD). You can begin using QCDs at 70 ½, but it will not count toward your required minimum distribution until age 72.
Additional ways to make a planned gift to SCPR
- Charitable lead trusts; retained life estates
- Outright or deferred gifts of real estate, closely-held business interests, tangible personal property, crops or livestock, oil and mineral, rights or intellectual property gifts
You can start today
- Make sure that you have an updated will or trust that reflects your objectives.
- Contact your financial advisor, lawyer or accountant for help in establishing a charitable gift.
- Think beyond cash: you can gift stocks, real estate, insurance and personal property.
- Make Southern California Public Radio a beneficiary of your pension plan, IRA, or life insurance plan.
Supporters who sign a declaration about a planned gift or bequest intention are recognized as members of SCPR’s Legacy Society.
- All new Legacy Society members receive an invitation for two to meet KPCC talent and other dedicated supporters at the Leadership Circle Brunch or Legacy Society thank you event.
- Opportunity to participate in group tour of the KPCC studios (scheduled at your request).
- Recognition as a Legacy Society member in the SCPR Annual Report.
Planned gifts are a great way to build a personal legacy and help SCPR fulfill its mission of strengthening the civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California's diverse communities by providing the highest quality news and information service through radio and other interactive media.
We are happy to visit with you and/or your advisors to discuss these and additional giving options. Please contact the Development Office at (626) 583-5303 or email@example.com.
Thank you for considering a gift to ensure that SCPR’s service informs and connects your community for future generations!
Southern California Public Radio - 474 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105