FilmWeek: ‘Roadrunner,’ ‘Pig,’ ‘Can You Bring It: Bill T. Jones And D-Man In The Waters’
FilmWeek: ‘Roadrunner,’ ‘Pig,’ ‘Can You Bring It: Bill T. Jones And D-Man In The Waters’ (Listen at 1:48)
Larry Mantle and KPCC film critics Claudia Puig, Angie Han and Charles Solomon review this weekend’s new movie releases on streaming and on demand platforms.
- "Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain," in wide release
- "Space Jam: A New Legacy," in wide release & HBO Max
- "Pig," at Alamo Drafthouse (DTLA) & Arena Cinelounge (Hollywood)
- "Can You Bring It: Bill T. Jones And D-Man In The Waters," at Laemmle’s Playhouse 7 (Pasadena) and Royal (West LA)
- "No Ordinary Man," at Landmark Nuart Theater (West LA)
- "How It Ends, "at the Alamo Drafthouse (DTLA) & VOD (including FandangoNow) July 20
- "How to Deter a Robber," in select theaters (check your local listings)
- "Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans," on Netflix July 21
Morgan Neville On Portraying Anthony Bourdain’s Mental Health In New Doc And The Impact Of Living A Life For The Unknown (Listen at 32:22)
Director Morgan Neville shares an intimate look at Anthony Bourdain’s life, including his struggles with mental health, in his new documentary “Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain.” KPCC’s John Horn talks with Neville and starts by asking him how the chef turned TV personality evolved from food focused entertainment to telling cultural stories from around the world. “Roadrunner” is in theaters now.
Morgan Neville, director of the new documentary “Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain”