How the DACA debate is playing out in California
Ways to Subscribe
Was Senator Dianne Feinstein feeling pressure from the left when she voted against a stopgap funding bill? Plus, other political news from the Golden State this week.
This week on State of Affairs, Take Two's weekly look at politics in the Golden State:
- Governor Brown may be a lame duck, but he plans to keep marching ahead. Brown ended his final State of the State speech Thursday with an eye toward California's future. So what does he see?
- Senator Dianne Feinstein voted against a stop-gap funding bill Monday because it didn't include a DACA fix. Is she feeling political pressure from the left?
- A new immigration proposal by the White House Thursday has a lot in it for Democrats, but can they meet Trump's terms?
- Thousands of women took to the streets Saturday for the Annual Women's March. What happens if those women march to the polls in November?
- Scott Shafer, co-host of KQED's new podcast Political Breakdown
- Rachel VanSickle-Ward, associate professor of politics at Pitzer College