FilmWeek: “His House,” “Madre,” “The Donut King” And More
Larry Mantle and KPCC film critics Claudia Puig and Amy Nicholson review this weekend’s new movie releases.
Larry Mantle and KPCC film critics Claudia Puig and Amy Nicholson review this weekend’s new movie releases, including:
- "His House" on Netflix
- "Madre" on Laemmle's Virtual Cinema & VOD (Amazon Prime, Google Play, iTunes & Vudu)
- The Donut King" showing at the Regency Theaters in Santa Ana, Laemmle's Virtual Cinema & VOD (Google Play)
- For more on the film and Ted Ngoy's life story from LAist food editor Elina Shatkin, click here
- "Us Kids" on Alamo Drafthouse on Demand
- "Come Play" showing at the Van Buren Drive-in (Riverside) & select theaters in Orange County (check local listings)
- "Kaali Khuhi" on Netflix
- "The True Adventures of Wolf Boy" on VOD (FandangoNOW)
- "Radium Girls" on Laemmle’s Virtual Cinema & VOD (Google Play)
- "Spell" showing at the Mission Tiki Drive-in (Montclair) & VOD (Google Play, FandangoNOW, iTunes & Vudu)
Our FilmWeek critics have been curating personal lists of their favorite TV shows and movies to binge-watch during self-quarantine. You can see recommendations from each of the critics and where you can watch them here.