CicLAvia Pasadena: Route map, street closures, deals and more
Car-free event CicLAvia is happening Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m in Pasadena, where certain streets on the 3.5-mile route will be closed to automobile traffic and open to bicyclists, skaters, walkers and other forms of alternative transportation.
There will also be plenty of other fun, from live music to food and drink deals, bike perks and activities at each event hub.
If you're going to CicLAvia or trying to navigate around the area, here's all you need to know.
Map and Activities
Here is the official map of the CicLAvia route and list of hubs and activities. Make sure to stop by and see KPCC at the Old Pasadena Hub for a chance to win KPCC swag! Pro tip: Bring a reusable water bottle because each hub will have water stations.
The following streets will be closed 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday:
- E. Colorado Blvd., from S. Pasadena Ave. to S. Bonnie Ave.
- Raymond Ave., from Electric Dr. to Del Mar Blvd.
- S. Lake Ave., from E. Colorado Blvd to San Pasqual St.
The following map includes vehicle detours.
If you're traveling by Metro, the stops nearest to the route along the Gold Line are:
- Memorial Station
- Del Mar Station
- The Lake Avenue and Allen stations are a bit farther away, but this is an exercise-related event after all.
If you plan to park in the area, below are maps with Pasadena parking. Just be aware of how street closures may affect entrances to these parking options.
Several discounts are being offered along the route for restaurants, CicLAvia t-shirts, an 80s throwback arcade and more to people who show their TAP card.
Float, a cute sandwich and ice cream float spot in the Burlington Arcade just off the South Lake Avenue route, is offering free coffee as part of the day's happenings.
- 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Free coffee
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Bike Tune-Up
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m. $10 special Float Sack Lunch
- 11 a.m., 2 p.m. DJ sets
- 12 p.m. Live musical set by Raquel Rodriguez
- While supplies last: DIY Bike Tassel Crafting Station
Want to bring your pooch to CicLAvia?
Check out Metro's blog The Source, which has a round-up of the best dog-friendly spots along the route.
Have any other tips for CicLAvia Pasadena? Tell us below.