Weekend Traffic: 405 Freeway to close at Getty Center Drive
Here's one more thing to think of while deciding where to see the Super Bowl this weekend: traffic.
Before the weekend even begins, you should know that Caltrans is closing the westbound 10 freeway Thursday night from the 4th and 5th streets off-ramp to the McClure Tunnel from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. for guardrail repair.
Also, the northbound 405 freeway will be closed Thursday night from Getty Center Drive to Greenleaf Street on-ramp from midnight to 5 a.m. The freeway will close again Saturday early morning at 1 a.m. until 6 a.m. The 405 North connector to the northbound US-101 freeway and nearby ramps will also be closed during these times.
Next, Orange County Transportation Authority is advising commuters heading to the Surf City Marathon that the southbound 405 Freeway will be closed between the 605 and Bolsa Chica Road. The closure starts Saturday at 11 p.m. and is expected to end Sunday at 5 a.m.
Here are some more closures scheduled for the weekend:
West County Connectors
- I-405, I-605, SR-22: These freeways and surrounding ramps and streets regularly see night closures throughout the week and sometimes into the weekend. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Alondra Boulevard: Northbound 5 on-ramp closed at Alondra Boulevard for bridge demolition. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound 5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be permanently closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound 5 off-ramp at Imperial Highway is permanently closed. Read More
- Connector, Lane and Ramp Closures: In addition to lanes and ramps, the southbound 5 connector to the eastbound 134 freeway will be closed nightly from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. through Sunday. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 10 freeway will be closed between Waterman Avenue and Mount Vernon Avenue in both directions on both Saturday and Sunday nights from 12:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. Read More
- Ramp and Lane Closures: The 57 freeway regularly sees a number of ramp and lane closures for the Orange County Transportation Authority's widening project. Read More
- Freeway Closure: Caltrans will close the northbound 405 between La Tijera Boulevard and Jefferson Boulevard on Feb. 8 between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. for installation of an overhead sign structure. Lanes and ramps will begin closing as soon as 7 p.m. on Feb. 7. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations in Los Angeles. Read More
- Connector, Lane and Ramp Closures: Connectors, ramps and alternating lanes will be closed nightly on the 15 and 215 freeways in Devore, Calif. through Saturday. Read More
- Connector and Ramp Closures: Caltrans will close one lane of the northbound U.S. 101 to southbound 110 and southbound U.S. 101 to northbound 110 connectors for approximately four months beginning in late January. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Olympic Boulevard: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Boulevard for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Boulevard on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: The north and southbound 215 will be affected by two lane changes and ramp closures between Mccall Boulevard and Scott Road until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: One northbound lane on the Pacific Coast Highway will be closed south of Entrada Drive in Santa Monica for metal beam guardrail repair. Closure starts Monday at 10 a.m. and is expected to conclude at 2 p.m. Read More
- Coldwater Canyon: The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power has scheduled a full closure on Coldwater Canyon from Moorpark Street to Ventura Boulevard on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. as replacement of the 100 year-old City Trunk Line project continues. Read More
- South Firestone Boulevard: Caltrans will fully close South Firestone Boulevard in both directions from Rosecrans Avenue to just south of Silverbow Avenue through April 2014. Read More
- Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive Intersection: The Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive intersection will be closed until Feb. 14, 2014. Alondra Boulevard Bridge will also be closed until mid/late 2014. Read More
- Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues: Adoree Street will be fully closed between Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be fully closed. Read More
- 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street intersection: The intersection of 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street in the City of Arcadia will be completely closed as crews start constructing grade crossing improvements. The intersection is expected to reopen in February 2014. Read More
- California Avenue and Duarte Road intersection: As part of the 11.5-mile Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension light rail project, construction crews will work on the Southern half of California Avenue at the intersection of Duarte Road in Monrovia from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Monday through Saturday until February 2014. California Avenue will be closed. Read More
Metro and Metrolink Alerts
- Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus: Due to Expo Line Phase II construction, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will temporarily close a number of Route 5 and Route 12 stops until further notice. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek bike paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More