AirTalk’s FilmWeek Oscar Preview
Oscar nominations have been announced and that means it’s almost time for AirTalk’s FilmWeek Annual Oscar Preview. From welcome surprises to confusing snubs, this year’s crop of nominees has everyone talking. Host Larry Mantle (he/him) and the FilmWeek critics will break down the big races and share their hot takes on who they think will take home the coveted gold statuettes — and who actually deserves to. This year, we’ll be live in person at historic The Orpheum Theatre in downtown LA. Join us for this fan favorite event and be the envy of your office’s Oscar pool when you correctly predict all the winners!
- Justin Chang (he/him), film critic for the Los Angeles Times and NPR’s Fresh Air; he tweets @JustinCChang
- Tim Cogshell (he/him), FilmWeek critic, Alt-Film Guide and CineGods.com; he tweets @CinemaInMind
- Andy Klein, FilmWeek critic
- Christy Lemire (she/her), FilmWeek critic, RogerEbert.com and co-host of the Breakfast All Day podcast; she tweets @christylemire
- Lael Loewenstein, FilmWeek critic; she tweets @LAELLO
- Wade Major, FilmWeek critic and CineGods.com
- Amy Nicholson (she/her), FilmWeek critic, film writer for The New York Times and host of the podcasts Unspooled and the podcast miniseries Zoom; she tweets @TheAmyNicholson
- Claudia Puig (she/her), FilmWeek critic, president of the Los Angeles Film Critics Association (LAFCA) and program director for the Santa Barbara International Film Festival; she tweets @ClaudiaPuig
- Peter Rainer, FilmWeek critic and the Christian Science Monitor
- Charles Solomon (he/him), FilmWeek critic, Animation Scoop and Animation Magazine
You can hear FilmWeek on LAist 89.3, Fridays at 10:00 a.m.
Looking for more great Oscars content? Listen to The Academy Museum podcast from LAist Studios and The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
In order to ensure the health and safety commitments we have made with our guests, staff, and artists, event attendees must present a photo ID and proof of COVID vaccination before entering the building. Masks are strongly recommended while indoors during all events. Health and safety measures are subject to change. By attending an LAist program as an in-person attendee, you agree to assume all risk associated with attending this event, including potential exposure to COVID-19, as permitted by applicable law. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
LAist is committed to providing access and accommodation for individuals with disabilities at our events. To request accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (626) 585-5222 at least 7 days in advance of the event.