The mission of Southern California Public Radio (KPCC, LAist & LAist Studios) is to strengthen the civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California's diverse communities by providing the highest quality news and information across multiple platforms. We are a public forum that engages its audiences in an ongoing dialogue and exploration of issues, events, and cultures in the region and in the world. We seek to provide greater understanding and new perspectives to the people of these communities and their leaders.
The Values And Beliefs That Inform Our Work
- Our journalism and programming should be valuable, credible, accurate, entertaining, fair, and relevant.
- Accurate, fact-based journalism contributes to the health of our communities.
- Everyone deserves access to high-quality news, information, and programming.
- Democracy and civic participation are good things.
- Holding the powerful to account strengthens our democracy.
- Systemic racism exists. We have an obligation to combat it, even as we’re on our own respective journeys.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion — in everything we do — are critical to our success.
- We are facing a climate emergency.
- We are committed to both serving and working with our audience. Offering solutions, when possible, and treating community members’ questions as a starting point for meaningful reporting makes us stronger.
As we hold elected officials and others accountable, we strive to hold ourselves accountable. Everyone makes mistakes, including us. Our goal is to correct them as openly as possible while learning from them so that we don’t make them again. We hope you will help us in that process. (Here’s how to contact us.)
We aim for two-way connection with our communities, listeners and viewers and invite participation in our news discussion through live events, our radio and digital platforms and direct interaction with our staff.
We are a non-profit organization operated as part of American Public Media and funded by member contributions, individual and institutional grants and gifts, sponsorships and corporate underwriting.
Connect With Us
89.3 KPCC - LA & ORANGE COUNTIES
Los Angeles, Pasadena, San Fernando Valley, Fullerton, Irvine
89.1 KUOR - INLAND EMPIRE
San Bernardino, Riverside, Redlands, Crestline, Big Bear Lake
90.3 KVLA - COACHELLA VALLEY
Indio, Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells
93.3 K227BX - PALM SPRINGS
89.5 KJAI - VENTURA COUNTY
Ventura, Oxnard, Santa Paula, Camarillo, Ojai
89.9 K210AD - SANTA BARBARA
Santa Barbara, Goleta
Careers at KPCC
Our workplace encourages professional growth, supports creativity, and values diversity. We believe that excellence and a healthy work-life balance are not mutually exclusive. Our compensation and benefits are competitive, including comprehensive health, wellness, retirement, education, and training programs. Above all, we are intelligent and professional, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.