You Power Independent Trustworthy Journalism
Listeners like you keep LAist and NPR strong for your whole community. This service relies on you, so please become a member now. Thank you.
Most important thing for you to know: All of your favorite shows from KPCC and NPR aren’t going anywhere.
Lively and in-depth discussions of city news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts, and more.Today on AirTalk, State Farm will no longer offer homeowner insurance to new California customers. Also on the show, how parents can support their children’s coming out; the status of LA County’s juvenile halls; this week’s TV Talk; and more.
- State Farm Will No Longer Sell New Home Insurance In California. What Happens Now?
- The Big Stories We’re Covering In K-12 Education
- How Parents Can Support Their LGBTQIA+ Child’s Coming Out Process
- Two LA County Juvenile Halls Are Shutting Down – How Did We Get Here, And What Happens Next?
- TV-Talk: ‘Vanderpump Rules’ Season 10, ‘I Think You Should Leave’ Season 3, Recapping Series Finales Galore & More
Reviews of the week's new movies, interviews with filmmakers, and discussion.Larry Mantle and LAist film critics Manuel Betancourt and Claudia Puig review this weekend’s new movie releases in theaters, streaming, and on demand platforms.
- FilmWeek: ‘The Little Mermaid,’ ‘You Hurt My Feelings,’ ‘Being Mary Tyler Moore,’ and more
- Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival
- John Horn’s Interview with Writer, Director Nicole Holofcener Of “You Hurt My Feelings”
A three-minute rundown of the best (and worst) of this week’s film releases, including the go-to movie for the weekend.Larry Mantle and LAist film critics Manuel Betancourt and Claudia Puig review this weekend’s new movie releases in theaters, streaming and on demand platforms — in three minutes or less!
Sign up for the LAist Insider
Inside information about your favorite programs, community event highlights, and exclusive benefits for LAist listeners.
We’re here to help curious Angelenos connect with others, discover the new, navigate the confusing, and even drive some change along the way. Host Brian De Los Santos brings you stories about L.A., for L.A., by L.A. — with your help.
It’s easy, and you could get a nice tax deduction.
Latest LAist 89.3 Newscast from June 1 at 1:04pm
Updated 6/1 at 1:06 PM
Programs and Podcasts
Latest from NPR
Texas Republicans target how elections are run in Democratic-leaning Houston area
A pop-up restaurant in Kabul is run by women for women. The Taliban is watching
Adidas begins selling off Yeezy brand sneakers, 7 months after cutting ties with Ye
Tupperware once changed women's lives. Now it struggles to survive
3 Atlanta activists are arrested after their fund bailed out protesters of 'Cop City'