Lively and in-depth discussions of city news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts, and more.Today on AirTalk, we breakdown all the best Halloween attractions this side of the Grapevine. Also on the show, the latest on COVID-19; how safety protocols fell through on the set of 'Rust'; and more.
- COVID-19 AMA: Fauci Says Vaccinations For Kids 5-12 Could Come Soon, Moderna
- Pandemic Halloween 2021: We Talk The Best Halloween Attractions SoCal Has To Offer
- One-On-One With Los Angeles Zoo Director Denise Verret On Plans To Expand Zoo’s Attractions
- ‘Rust’ Film Set Shooting: How Safety Protocols Can Slip Through The Cracks, The Challenges With Enforcement And More
- Has The Pandemic Robbed Us Of A Sense Of Shared Humanity? How Polarization Over Pandemic Safety Measures Has Created A More Aggressive Public
Reviews of the week's new movies, interviews with filmmakers, and discussion.Larry Mantle and KPCC film critics Christy Lemire and Amy Nicholson review this weekend’s new movie releases on streaming and on-demand platforms.
- FilmWeek: ‘Dune,’ ‘The French Dispatch,’ ‘Passing,’ And More
- Director Denis Villeneuve On Building A New Yet Familiar World in ‘Dune’
A three-minute rundown of the best (and worst) of this week’s film releases, including the go-to movie for the weekend.Larry Mantle and KPCC film critics Christy Lemire and Amy Nicholson review this weekend’s new movie releases on streaming and on-demand platforms.
Support KPCC's local journalism
Your donation powers all the news and programming you value.
The refreshed KPCC.org makes it easier to listen live and to listen back.
Over the last year, we have been reporting on an alarming increase in violence against Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. The last week has been particularly traumatizing.
Sign up for the KPCC Insider
Inside information about your favorite programs, community event highlights, and exclusive benefits for KPCC listeners.
As an organization we condemn systemic racism — and racism of any kind — and remain committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve. With that in mind, we say the statement “Black Lives Matter” reinforces our commitment.
UP IS DOWN. Day is night. High is low. Left is mustard. This is the world right now. Angelenos are facing a protracted pandemic, a reckoning over racial inequity, and a smog of mixed signals about how to exist safely. These guides were created to help you navigate the day-to-day in L.A. as it changes (sometimes literally) minute-by-minute.
It’s easy, and you could get a nice tax deduction.
Latest headlines from our partner site, LAist.com
Listen to the latest local news
Updated 10/25 at 1:35 PM
Programs and Podcasts
Latest from NPR
A man spent $57,789 in coronavirus relief aid on a Pokemon card, the feds say
In a new book, Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen envision a more unified America
Black and Latino families continue to bear pandemic's great economic toll in U.S.
The shoes from Michael Jordan's rookie season sold for a record $1.47 million
Alec Baldwin was practicing for a scene when gun went off, affidavits show